8 and 9 April 2017
uShaka Marine World, Durban
To create the most-anticipated family-friendly music festival of the year, bringing together star power, stunts, live music and tons of green slime for the ultimate family day out.
For its first time in South Africa, Slime Fest needed to be steeped in slime and heavy on fun.
We were tasked with bringing the slime wonderland to Durban's uShaka Marine World using the well-known destination venue as a fun-tastic backdrop and drawcard.
Objectives and Strategy
Our objective was to create a successful live event and brand activation in conjunction with uShaka Marine World.
We would work closely with the uShaka Marine World team factoring in multiple extra considerations for the environment in which we would be working and its surroundings.
- We manufactured a colossal 30 000ℓ of trademark green slime on site using our own special recipe.
- We produced incredible Slime Jets for maximum slime distribution.
- The slime was, of course, the star of the show with an interactive Slime Zone complete with Slime Blaster Battles, a Slime Shower, the Zorb Ball Slime Pool and Slime Sumo.
- Singalongs with the kids' favourite Nickelodeon characters including SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora & Friends, Chase & Marshall from Paw Patrol and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were firm favourites.
- A dedicated Pre School Zone for very young children all made for a stupendous, successful and slippery Slime Fest!
- On stage, The Kiffness, Twins on Decks, Emtee, Timo ODV, K.O, Cassper Nyovest and Mafikizolo brought an awesome atmosphere along with our entertaining hosts Joey Rasdien and Nomzamo Mbatha.