29 and 30 September 2018
Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos
To create and host a high-energy event for Nickelodeon in Lagos that would replicate the successful NickFest South Africa and entrench Nickelodeon's footprint in Africa.
The two-day, eight-show event, needed to attract thousands of kids and parents across Lagos, for family fun packed with entertainment, activities, events and experiences for all ages.
Objectives and Strategy
Our objective was to transform the venue into a massive kiddies' wonderland with amazing toys, fun games, and loads of shiny bright colours. We needed to create an avenue for children to have fun with their favourite Nickelodeon characters and for adults to unleash their inner child. Not forgetting to include the hugely popular slime challenge synonymous with Nickelodeon.
NickFest would also include performances by popular Nigerian musicians.
- 6000 happy kids – a successful result in our book but it doesn't end there!
- We manufactured 20 000ℓ of trademark green slime on site using our own special recipe.
- The Celebrity Slime Challenge was the highlight of NickFest as popular personalities were slimed green in an effort to raise both awareness and funds for children support through NGO projects in Nigeria.
- Families were impressed with performances by Nickelodeon's superstar characters: SpongeBob SquarePants; the intrepid pups from Paw Patrol; Dora the Explorer with Diego and Boots. 'Shimmer and Shine', were also part of the amazing character line-up and of course Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. There were surprise performances by some of Africa's most adored entertainers like A-list Nigerian musical acts: Mayorkun, Falz, Simi and Adekunle Gold.
- Kids and parents enjoyed lots of singing, dancing and pure laugh out loud wholesome fun.